Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sweet, Sour, Salty, Spicy = Balance = YUMMY!


The hubby and I bought some superhero sandwich boxes at the Marukai 98 last night--and to my delight my square cupcake liners were a perfect fit inside! I spent a bit of time on these bentos; I wanted to balance my flavors well and create something really yummy. So I have roasted taro root (my new favorite starch--so yummy!) with a lemon basil infused mirin/tamari reduction (in the flower); a kiwi and strawberry fruit salad; a sesame tofu salad with fresh chiles; and an arugula salad with a lemon vinaigrette. I also stuck a packet of almond Pocky in with the bento (not pictured). The combination of flavors is this bento should make it delicious :o) The roasted taro root with the sweet reduction; the sweet and tangy fruit salad, the spicy and smoky tofu salad, and the sour vinaigrette with the bitter arugula. Yum! I want to eat it for dinner! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.