Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thank Goodness Tomorrow is Friday!!!



What a busy, crazy week! And I still have so much to do before tomorrow!! And yet...what have I been doing the last 45 minutes...? Making bentos, of course! I did the same chili rolls tonight that I made a few days back (the hubby and I both wanted them again, they are just so yummy!), but decided to play around with the format. I didn't like the onigiri I made for the hubby (it will be too messy to eat, but I doubt he'll mind :o) and I wasn't wild about my idea to try and use a bit of the sauce to color the "faces" of my version. Oh, well, the spinach I cut with my new nori punches makes them so adorable it makes up for all that! I gave myself some little tomatoes for a veggie, and cut up assorted veggies for the hubby (I had a bit of fun with the radishes tonight...but it points out my CLEAR need for a mini melon baller to perfect the mushrooms!). I gave each of us a bit of soy yogurt and some cashews, and then gave the hubby a red bean cake and some little chocolates and myself a blood orange and some coffee chocolates (may need them tomorrow midday!). Well, that's all for today! I plan on making some vegan gingerbread mini cupcakes with lemony "buttercream" this weekend...but I'm taking the hubby to see the Star Trek Tour thing in Long Beach on Saturday and possibly spending Sunday with the in-laws...but hopefully I get the time for what's really important...CUPCAKES! :op

The hubby just read the blog and told me his favorite nori punch face is the squinty eye one. I responded by telling him I put the girly one on his lunch so it was like I was with him during lunch (sappy, yes, whatever). He told me it wasn't like me because I'm not that poofy and I don't have blotches. Now that should make it obvious why I think he's the greatest, lol! :oD

No comments: