
The hubby wanted a Star Trek themed bento in celebration of his uber-geekiness (and yesterday's outing). So, I created a Starfleet symbol out of veggie ham and soy cheese and put it on top of some black japonica rice (I added a few cheese stars made from the scraps). For the next tier, I gave him a tangy chile sauce (for the rice), and some carrot stars and radish meteors (or planets, or something else space-related :op). The top tier I filled with fruit stars and a lopsided version of the Klingon symbol! Of course for the dessert I made (as promised) vegan gingerbread cupcakes with lemony 'buttercream' (I decorated his with stars to keep with the theme). Under the lid, I fit a fork and an after lunch mint! :o)

For my bento, I kept it simple. A corn and rice salad (a hot sauce vinaigrette in the flower container), some mini veggie deli sandwiches (veganaise in the butterfly), then some soy lemon yogurt and half a tangerine. A cupcake and a mint to top it all off! Now I'm off to do some work (bleh!).
No comments:
Post a Comment