Sunday, February 3, 2008

No Case of the Mondays for Me!



I got a book called "Sushi Modern" by Hideo Dekura the other day--it has some really unusual and creative suggestions for "sushi". One of the rolls is sushi rice seasoned with a little bit of chili mayonnaise (or in my case, veganaise) wrapped in spring roll wrappers and served with a tangy strawberry-chili dipping sauce. I made the rolls and dipping sauce for tomorrow's bentos (of course I had some as I went along...verdict: AWESOME!), and also tried my hand at some miso-sesame cashews (they didn't come out crisp enough--I need to oven bake them next time). The picture above is of the hubby's bento; I packed him some fresh veggies, some raspberries, a few dates, and a little box of chocolates to accompany the rolls. My bento is below; I used my Mei bento which is very small so I packed myself an orange and some cashews separately, and threw in some strawberry Pocky for dessert.



Have a good Monday everyone!!

No comments: