Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's Bentos


I had my Valentine's bentos mostly planned in my head, but one of my ingredients upon closer inspection contained fish protein ( I bought the wrong brand of tofu pouches, very annoying)...so...I had to throw together something a bit different. I did quick brown rice, molded it into hearts and sprinkled it with a rice seasoning salt that was pink (hard to see in the photos). I used mini cookie cutters to make the XOX pattern for the hubby's. For mine, I used the extras from my hearts I punched out yesterday. I surrounded the rice hearts with a corn and edamame mixture I whipped up. The hubby's second tier has rice crackers with soy cheese hearts, some mini pickles, some candy (in the heart), some sweet chile sauce for his rice and veggies, some fruit in soy yogurt, and a few cashews. Mine has the fruit and yogurt mixture, some cashews, some candies in the egg, and some tomatoes. I'm still bummed my original plan was ruined (boo hoo, whine whine)...at least there will be food to eat tomorrow, right? :op

No comments: