Monday, March 31, 2008

Yummy stuff...


Tomorrow will feature tempeh dippers with chipotle barbeque sauce, crackers with peanut butter, raw almonds, homemade wholegrain mocha muffins, kiwi, and a blueberry granola and soy yogurt parfait. Good stuff! The muffin is part of a test batch I did this weekend for a recipe I developed for a presentation. I wanted the simplest possible recipe using only whole grains and sweetening only with agave nectar. Of course, I also needed a tender texture and palatable flavor! This was what I ended up with:

Make-Ahead Muffins
For 10 muffins:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup soymilk
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, agave nectar, oil, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Add in your favorite additions (chocolate chips, berries, chopped banana, nuts, etc.). Spoon the mixture into cupcake liners, filling 2/3 full. Bake at 350˚F for approximately 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

In my mocha version, I added about a Tbsp. of instant coffee and a small handful of chocolate chips. Yummy!

No comments: