Monday, March 3, 2008

Squid Burger Bento


No squids were harmed in the making of tomorrow's bentos! :op I've been using tempeh a bit lately, and I decided to do my own version of the Scorpion Burger from Native Foods. The little animal pick that I used for the hubby's bento was a squid, and the burgers look a little like Krabby Patties from the Krusty Krab (where SQUIDward works)...so...they are henceforth SQUID BURGERS! I used some chipotle barbeque sauce on the tempeh (sooo super yummy), and put all the fixings in separately (lettuce, avocado, carrots, onions, and some chipotle mayo in the little cup). I also added a bit of fruit and a chocolate to top it all off. I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

I also made some cupcakes today; the Vanilla Agave recipe from VCTOTW. They turned out okay but I'm not sure if they're the ones I want to use for my sinister's birfday (we're celebrating this weekend). In any case, I'll be posting the finished product later this week.

No comments: