
So yesterday I got my first in a series of packages I'm expecting from Japan. This one contained the Cinnamoroll bento that two weeks ago I couldn't find ANYWHERE in California...of course a few days after I order it from Japan I find it at THREE different stores for much cheaper (and no postage, of course). Oh well :o)
I decided to make sushi for this bento, so I made some brown rice and seasoned it with sweetened cider vinegar, some plum rice seasoning, and some toasted black sesame seeds. I love my sushi rice! :o) I put carrots, avocado and spinach in my rolls (the hubby got some cucumber as well). I decided to make this a pan-asian bento so I included some Korean pickled vegetables and some Chinese black bean and garlic sauce (in the little yellow bear) to eat with the sushi. I also included a packet of soy sauce and a miso soup packet. For a side/dessert I cut up some kiwis and strawberries (one of the best things about cutting everything to look cute is I get to eat all the scraps as I go!) and put them in my new Cinnamoroll unicorn container (it's glittery!--from Sanrio in Little Tokyo). I'm also adding a picture of the containers all closed up so you can revel in the awesomeness that is Cinnamoroll :op Well that's all for tonight; more bento tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment